Farmers of all shapes and sizes!

Farmers of all shapes and sizes!

Monday, January 20, 2014

Eggs!

Yay! Yesterday was the first time all my hens laid! On December 20th I was surprised to find the first three eggs! I carefully put them in a container and set it on the stand by the barn door so I wouldn't forget them when I finished milking. I went on with my chores with a Cheshire cat grin on my face till I went to move my heifer from one pen to another and she wouldn't cooperate. She knocked open my make-shift gate and made beeline to the stand. Before I could get to her I heard the container rolling and a crunchy splat. Boy was I mad at her. Only one egg was salvageable. Sissy decided to go where she was supposed to after I got mad. I guess if you had a wild haired, red faced, yelling lady after you, you might cooperate too. Lol. The next day I found 3 more eggs and one was gianormous. You might have guessed, when I cracked it open there was a double yolk!

First egg.
Seven the number of perfection.
First egg fried! Family tradition.

I'm not so keen on chickens but I do love my farm eggs. :) If I have any questions I'm lucky to know the chicken whisperer. Lol. Mrs yoder is a wealth house of information about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment