Farmers of all shapes and sizes!

Farmers of all shapes and sizes!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Making marmalade

On the wee hours of this morning I could be found ladling piping hot marmalade into the 32nd jar. Taking a deep breath of relief that the first four batches were complete. My culinary assistant had long since dozed off and the multiple cups of coffee were losing their power to keep my eyes open. One third of the citrus is soaking still waiting to be turned into gel. (A process that takes almost 2 hours.) My kitchen smelled so heavenly fresh and I do believe the temperature was above 80° for once. I believe I would like to keep a jam pot constantly bubbling now! Thank you to my dear new Zealand friend and her mum for the gift of her delightful recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I bet it did smell good. Looks fun. Wow Sarah! what a shirt!

    ReplyDelete