Farmers of all shapes and sizes!

Farmers of all shapes and sizes!

Friday, May 5, 2017

Freshman Finale!

It seems like only yesterday I was packing my book bag and driving down the mountain, taking a leap of faith into the unknown. It was scary and there was a pretty good learning curve, but that was mostly in the social realm. At times I thought it would never end, but mostly it flew by, especially after I got in the groove and started enjoying learning new things. Challenging myself is where I find that I am happy. I drifted at first and learned some valuable life lessons. Mostly that mistakes can help you find your strength and make you a better person. I had to learn that I needed to do somethings for me, and that it's not selfish, it is necessary for balance. Mom had always told us that life is not fair, and while I had experienced some of that in different jobs it was reiterated in the college environment. But I also found that when you try there are a few people with power that will do everything they can to help you succeed. I've been reminded that I have my weaknesses, but I also have found strength I didn't know I was capable of. Strength in being alone, stronger still by the people that don't see my independent spirit as a flaw. The future is full of possibilities and I'm looking forward to what lies in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment