Farmers of all shapes and sizes!

Farmers of all shapes and sizes!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Days of recollection.


I am at a point of evaluation in my life. I am on the brink of a new direction. My thoughts turn back to the familiar, to the things I know, things that are tried, true and proven. Lessons I've lived and learned throughout the years, come to remembrance. There are many new and exciting experiences in the future, waiting for me to turn the page and embark into the unknown. I pause to reflect on what brought me to this moment and made me who I am. So many people, places and events flood my mind. Memories of yesteryear, that really was not that long ago, but seems so far away. A few short years past, I was working hard to achieve my dream of my own farm. My passion for agriculture has only grown, only in an entirely different direction than I had anticipated. I did not know that the things I had worked so hard for would be gone, nor that a simple mission trip would change my whole perspective in life. Little by little God has been working in and changing my life, preparing me to serve and make a difference in ways that I never dreamed possible. It is both exciting and a little scary, but I know who goes before me and where He leads he will provide. Quirky things about my personal preferences and talents are starting to make sense. A knack for Spanish, an adventurous spirit, a taste for spicy foods, love for the earth God has given us to care for and cultivate and an unquenchable desire to make a difference...they are not random or coincidental, rather they are instruments of confirmation that I am on the path that God has called me to walk. Slowly I start to see the puzzle pieces falling into place. I must trust Him for the future, knowing my Creator's plan is best. One step at a time, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment